Z-WAVE NETWORK PROGRAMMING
Program the Z-Wave according to standard procedures. Regardless of device function, the basic setup
of Z-Wave networks is the same. Various limitations may be imposed based on the programming tool
used. Refer to the documentation that came with your specific programming tool for details.
Typically a Z-Wave network is programmed using its Programmer/Remote Control (such as the Leviton
VRCPG-BSG remote, ThinkEssentials Software or Vizia RF+ Installer Tool) to enroll / include devices in
the Z-Wave Network. The methods for using the VRCPG, ThinkEssentials and Vizia RF+ Installer Tool
are detailed below. Note that these instructions assume you are familiar with Z-Wave programming
concepts. If you require further detail or clarification, you may wish to see Leviton Vizia RF
Note: Programming using the Leviton VRCPG-BSG Remote is NOT supported for thermostats when Z-
Wave locks are to be included in the system
While the VRCPG-BSG does allow you to enroll locks in a Z-Wave network it does not allow you to
associate the locks with the VRC0P module.
PROGRAMMING USING THE LEVITON VRCPG-BSG REMOTE:
Setup steps below are created using a VRCPG-BSG remote. Your steps may vary somewhat if your
remote model differs, but the basic process should be the same.
1. Confirm all devices are at factory default and have not been setup in any Z-Wave Network.
2. To include the TZEMT400BB32MAA thermostats in the network:
a. Start up the Leviton Remote and begin the Installation Checklist.
i. Perform Step 1 of the Installation Checklist, Include Dimmers/Switches, and
include the first thermostat in the network.
ii. When prompted by the remote, on the TZEMT400BB32MAA thermostat:
1. Press the Menu button.
2. Navigate to and select the Z-Wave Install menu option.
3. At the “Add Thermostat to Z-Wave Network” prompt select Yes.
Note: It is best practice to give the thermostat a descriptive name when prompted, like Master Bedroom,
for future reference. Note that this name is not saved in the thermostat and will not be automatically read
into g! You should keep notes of the location of each thermostat and their Node IDs, as the only
identification available to g! is the Node ID.
3. Repeat Step 2 for each additional TZEMT400BB32MAA to be added to the network.
4. To include the VRC0P-1LW (+3) in the network:
a. Set the VRC0P-1LW to programming mode by pressing and holding the button (clear tab
on face of unit) until the light blinks amber.
b. Perform Step 2 of the Installation Checklist, Include Controller, to include all Controllers
into the network. Controllers include the RS-232 interface module (VRC0P-1LW (+3)).
5. Perform Step 3 of the Installation Checklist, Update Controller, to update all of the controllers
following the inclusion of all devices. This will create the proper mapping between devices.
6. In a thermostat only network, you may skip Step 4 (Create Areas) and go to Step 5 (Set
Associations) of the Installation Checklist.
7. Perform Step 5 of the Install Checklist, Set Associations, to associate each thermostat with the
4 of 12