If the heating equipment manufacturer has made provisions or 3. It should be mounted as far as possible from undesirable
recommendations for the location of this control, then follow
those instructions. If not, the following suggestions should be
sources of heat and cold such as:
a. Windows and doors
b. Direct rays from sun
1. The control should be mounted in the wall, approximately
five feet from the floor, as near as possible to the center of
the controlled area.
c. Hot water or cold water pipes
d. Adjoining outside walls
2. It should be mounted on a partitioning wall, not on an
All wiring must conform to local and national electrical codes and ordinances.
The thermostat may be mounted in any standard 2" x 3"
electrical outlet box. For ease of installation use a deep type
240/277 VAC Wiring Diagram
USE WITH COPPER CONDUCTORS ONLY. Use ap-
proved wire connectors for 12 AWG only.
1. Disconnect electrical power to the system at main fuse or
2. Make electrical connection to thermostat leads with wire
nuts or other local code approved devices. All connections
must be tight.
3. Push the lead wires into the outlet box.
120 VAC Wiring Diagram
4. Remove thermostat cover. Push thermostat case into
junction box and secure with screws provided.
Take care not to push or damage the bimetal sensing
element during installation.
5. Install thermostat cover and turn knob to desired setting.
1G66 Schematic Diagram
120 VAC ONLY
IN "OFF" POSITION
Temperature Limiting Pins
Temperature Limiting Option is for applications where the
temperature setting of the control is to be set and "protected"
from unauthorized adjustment. To limit the temperature range,
follow the directions below:
Inside of cover
1. Remove cover from thermostat.
2. On inside of cover, firmly press small tapered end of a pin
into the approximate maximum and minimum temperature
Pins are shown installed at
60 and 65˚. The temperature
setting range is limited
between these two
3. After pressing pins into place on inside of cover, rotate
temperature knob to be sure the knob is between the pins.
The third pin is supplied as a
spare in case of accidental
4. Replace cover on thermostat. Check that knob rotation is
limited in travel as set by the pins. If rotation of knob is
outside of limits, check that the pins are installed properly.
5. Install supplied screws at top and bottom of thermostat to